Grandstream Releases 48-Port Layer 3 Network Switches
Grandstream, connecting the world with award-winning unified communications and networking solutions, today released two new 48-port Layer 3 network switches. The new GWN7816 and GWN7816P are enterprise layer 3 managed network switches with 48 ports that allow enterprises and medium-to-large businesses to build scalable, secure, and smart business networks that are fully manageable. By providing powerful security protection, comprehensive network control, multiple flexible management options, and enhanced reliability including stacking support and a hot-swappable power supply module, the GWN7816 and GWN7816P are ideal for high-performance business deployments.
The GWN7816 and GWN7816P join the GWN7810 Series of Layer 3 Managed Network Switches. This series now includes 7 model options, including 4 models that provide smart dynamic PoE output, while offering 8, 16, 24, or 48 Gigabit ports and 2, 4 or 6 Gigabit SFP+ ports. The GWN7810 Series supports advanced VLAN for flexible and sophisticated traffic segmentation, advanced QoS for prioritization of network traffic, IGMP Snooping for network performance optimization, and comprehensive security capabilities against potential attacks. The PoE models, including the GWN7816P, provide smart dynamic PoE output to power IP phones, IP cameras, Wi-Fi access points and other PoE endpoints.
The GWN7816 and GWN7816 provide a portfolio of enhanced features that allow them to provide maximum reliability, making them ideal for high-performance deployments.
- Enhanced Reliability Suite - fault detection, device protection, dual boot-up, dual system file redundancy, link aggregation, storm control, and more
- Green Energy Efficiency - Intelligent control of the integrated fan adjusts fan speeds based on environmental temperatures and provides precise temperature control and energy savings
- Support for up to 216Gbps switching capacity
- Stacking - Easily manage up to 16 switches in one interface while creating redundant backup between devices
- Hot-Swappable Power Supply - The hot-swappable power supply module ensures uninterrupted operation and provide protection against device power supply failure by providing seamless failover
Other Notable features of the GWN7816 and GWN7816P include:
- 48 Gigabit ethernet ports and 6 Gigabit SFP+ ports
- 48 PoE ports with up to 60W per port (ports 1-8) or 30W per port (ports 9-48) and smart power control to support dynamic PoE/PoE+ power allocations per port (GWN7816P)
- Supports IPv6 and IPv4 deployments
- Security features include ARP inspection, IP Source Guard, DoS protections, port security, DHCP snooping and more
- Offers multiple comprehensive and free management options: GWN.Cloud - Grandstream's cloud network management platform, GWN Manager - Grandstream's free on-premise software-based network management tool, management via the the local web user interface, and Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Built-in QoS allows for prioritization of network traffic
- Compatible with all brands and devices